Another under-$10 name that's starting to move within range of triggering a major breakout trade is LDK Solar (LDK), which sells multicrystalline and monocrystalline wafers globally to manufacturers of solar cells and modules. This stock hasn't done much so far in 2013, with shares off by 4.5%.
If you take a look at the chart for LDK Solar, you'll notice that this stock has been downtrending badly for the last month and change, with shares dropping from its high of $2.17 to its recent low of $1.23 a share. During that downtrend, shares of LDK have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, shares of LDK have just started to trend back above its 200-day moving average at $1.34 and its testing its 50-day moving average at $1.41 a share. That move is setting up LDK to potentially break out above a key downtrend line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV