One under-$10 name that's starting to push within range of triggering a major breakout trade is MGIC Investment ( MTG), which is a provider of private mortgage insurance in the U.S. This stock has been in beast mode in 2013, with shares up 134%.
If you take a look at the chart for MGIC Investment, you'll notice that this stock has been trending sideways for the last two months, with shares trading between $6.60 on the upside and $5.51 on the downside. During that timeframe, MTG has run into major resistance six times when it's traded higher near $6.45 to $6.60 a share. This stock has just started to bounce off its 50-day moving average at $5.84 a share and is now quickly moving within range of breaking out above that major resistance zone. Since that zone has held buyers back for over two months, a breakout above it with volume would be a significant technical development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV