Driven by EcoBoost ® and hybrids, Ford's fuel-efficient lineup also is contributing to the company's U.S. growth. Ford offers seven vehicles that deliver more than 40 mpg, including the new SFE-package Ford Fiesta with best-in-class 41 mpg highway. With the introduction of the new Ford C-MAX and Fusion Hybrid, Ford has also sold more hybrids in the first five months of 2013 than in any full year ever.
Adding to the fuel economy leadership, the award-winning 1.0-liter EcoBoost will be available on Fiesta later this year. The company also plans to further invest in technologies like Auto Start-Stop and nine- and 10-speed transmissions. These transmissions, to be built in both front- and rear-wheel-drive variants, will be matched with advanced new EcoBoost powertrains to further improve vehicle performance, increase fuel economy and ultimately drive greater levels of customer satisfaction.
"Customers continue to want leading fuel economy in their vehicles, and we're committed to delivering top fuel economy across our lineup," Nair said.
About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) , a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com .SOURCE Ford Motor Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV