"What's so encouraging is the quality of our share gains," said Jim Farley, executive vice president, Global Marketing, Sales and Service and Lincoln. "Customers are increasingly choosing highly equipped vehicles such as our Titanium models. We also see this in customers asking for our in-vehicle connectivity SYNC ® and MyFord Touch ® systems, which are now in 79 percent of vehicles across the Ford brand – more than double the rate of Toyota and Honda infotainment systems."
Throughout the U.S., sales growth remains strong across Ford's product portfolio. Sales of Ford's F-Series, the best-selling pickup in the United States for 36 years, rose 22 percent through May, topping 70,000 units last month for the first time since March 2007.
Ford also is now on track to be the best-selling utility vehicle brand in the United States for the third straight year. Utility sales, led by the new Ford Escape and Explorer, are up 18 percent through May, with Escape sales on pace to surpass 150,000 vehicles in the first six months of 2013.
Technology, fuel economy and design drive growth"Ford vehicle technologies are helping to attract new customers and drive growth," said Raj Nair, group vice president, Global Product Development. "SYNC and MyFord Touch are also helping to deliver higher customer satisfaction." Customers that have vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch are more satisfied with overall vehicle quality for most models than those that do not have the advanced infotainment – showing that customers continue to want these technologies. Customers with Fusions that have MyFord Touch have 7 points higher quality satisfaction than other Fusion models. We also have improved MyFord Touch quality by more than 50 percent since launch and plan another upgrade this summer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV