3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: CYS, STM, RY
Royal Bank Of Canada (NYSE: RY) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. Royal Bank of Canada provides personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor and treasury, and capital markets services worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.79 The average volume for Royal Bank Of Canada has been 685,400 shares per day over the past 30 days Royal Bank Of Canada has a market cap of $82.6 billion and is part of the banking industry Shares are down 3.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday TheStreet Ratings rates Royal Bank Of Canada as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, ROYAL BANK OF CANADA's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ROYAL BANK OF CANADA is currently very high, coming in at 75.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.75% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 26.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,508.00 million to $1,912.00 million.
- You can view the full Royal Bank Of Canada Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts