3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: CYS, STM, RY
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- STM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.91 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- 47.40% is the gross profit margin for STMICROELECTRONICS NV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of STM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, STM's net profit margin of -3.50% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- STMICROELECTRONICS NV has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STMICROELECTRONICS NV reported lower earnings of $0.72 versus $0.91 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 111.1% in earnings (-$0.08 versus $0.72).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 118.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $420.00 million to -$76.00 million.
- You can view the full STMicroelectronics Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.