Nearly One-third of 401(k) Plan Sponsors Looking to Change Providers
By Hal M. Bundrick
NEW YORK ( MainStreet)--Advisors adept at navigating the employer-sponsored retirement plan landscape may find greater opportunities in the months ahead. More plan sponsors are contemplating a switch in plan providers, according to the annual Retirement Planscape report issued by Cogent Research, a firm recently acquired by Market Strategies International.
In an abrupt reversal of attitudes from just two years ago, more plan sponsors -- nearly one-third (32%) -- are considering a change, while fewer (63%) say they have complete loyalty to their current provider.
Most of the potential movement is found in the smaller plan market, with 39% of micro (less than $6 million in plan assets) and 31% of small ($6-$20 million in plan assets) plan sponsors saying they are "somewhat likely to move to another plan provider in the upcoming year."One-quarter of mid-sized plans ($20-$100 million in plan assets) are considering a switch of providers, while the sponsors of the largest plans seem most content with their current provider. Only 14% of large ($100-$500 million) and 9% of mega plans ($500+ million) are thinking about making a move.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV