Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), one of the world’s largest motion picture exhibitors, today announced that it has contracted to purchase land to construct a new 14-screen, all-digital movie theatre in Frisco, Texas. The new theatre complex will be located at Frisco North, a 320 acre mixed use project being developed in partnership between Ernest Mahard and Forest City Enterprises. Frisco North, located on the Southwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and U.S. 380, will feature major retail anchors, entertainment venues, specialty stores and restaurants, as well as other mixed-use components.
Long recognized as a pioneer in the theatrical exhibition industry, Cinemark is taking the cinema entertainment experience to the next level. The new Cinemark NextGen theatres will offer the latest technology, cutting edge amenities and customer-preferred options all under one roof. NextGen amenities will include:
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor screens available in all auditoriums
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability
- Enhanced sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended
- Cinemark’s innovative self-serve concession stand – offering freshly-popped popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain beverages and favorite candy brands
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium
“We are very excited as this new complex will be the second Cinemark NextGen movie theatre that we will be offering to our guests in Frisco,” states Tim Warner, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “This theatre will be part of a premier shopping destination being developed by Forest City and will quickly become recognized as a preferred location to enjoy a great movie-going experience.”
“We have enjoyed our existing partnership with Cinemark and are very pleased to see the expansion of that relationship with this announcement. We know they will provide a quality family experience in this new and exciting Frisco North project,” says Maher Maso, Mayor of the City of Frisco.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV