Cinemark Holdings, Inc
. (NYSE: CNK), one of the world’s largest motion picture exhibitors, today announced that it has contracted to purchase land to construct a new 14-screen, all-digital movie theatre in Frisco, Texas. The new theatre complex will be located at Frisco North, a 320 acre mixed use project being developed in partnership between
Forest City Enterprises
. Frisco North, located on the Southwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and U.S. 380, will feature major retail anchors, entertainment venues, specialty stores and restaurants, as well as other mixed-use components.
Long recognized as a pioneer in the theatrical exhibition industry, Cinemark is taking the cinema entertainment experience to the next level. The new
theatres will offer the latest technology, cutting edge amenities and customer-preferred options all under one roof. NextGen amenities will include:
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall, ceiling-to-floor screens available in all auditoriums
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability
- Enhanced sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended
- Cinemark’s innovative self-serve concession stand – offering freshly-popped popcorn, Coca-Cola fountain beverages and favorite candy brands
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium
“We are very excited as this new complex will be the second
movie theatre that we will be offering to our guests in Frisco,” states Tim Warner, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “This theatre will be part of a premier shopping destination being developed by Forest City and will quickly become recognized as a preferred location to enjoy a great movie-going experience.”
“We have enjoyed our existing partnership with Cinemark and are very pleased to see the expansion of that relationship with this announcement. We know they will provide a quality family experience in this new and exciting Frisco North project,” says Maher Maso, Mayor of the City of Frisco.