BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Buckle your seatbelt: Tomorrow marks the final trading session of June.
For investors, that fact has more significance than just which page to flip your calendar to. So far, 2013 has been the year of "new month, new market" -- and now, with the S&P 500 squarely below its 50-day moving average for the first time since this rally started, investors need to be asking what July trading has in store.
Despite the upside that stocks have enjoyed over the past two trading sessions, the uptrend that started in November is clearly broken at this point. That makes more downside look a whole lot more likely for July.But not everything has the same positioning right now. In fact, some of the biggest names on Wall Street are showing a very different outlook for investors in the month ahead. That's why, today, we're taking a technical look at five critical charts. >>5 Toxic Stocks You Need to Sell Now If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade. >>5 Stocks the Pros Love This Summer
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV