Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) today announced new and expanded data sources for its DataDirect Cloud ™ service and its DataDirect Connect ® family of products. The addition of support for several of the most popular Big Data and CRM systems enables improved application connectivity and greater data accessibility for both on-premise and cloud environments.
Big Data, volumes of information from multiple disparate systems, and customer relationship management systems are driving forces in shaping decision-making in companies of all sizes. Reliable, secure and fast access to the necessary Big Data, CRM and other sources – both on premise and in the cloud – is needed for applications to provide a complete picture of the business landscape. With the continued expansion of its lineup of data sources, Progress is helping customers to improve decision-making and business processes and ensuring that no matter where data is housed, it can be effectively harnessed and utilized.
New sources include:
- DataDirect Cloud CRM sources: Currently in beta, the DataDirect Cloud service, which simplifies cloud data access, has added support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, VeevaCRM, FinancialForce and ServiceMax to a growing list of sources.
- Cloudera Impala: Cloudera Impala support expands the broad DataDirect coverage for Big Data databases. Cloudera provides SQL-based access to HBase, the NoSQL columnar database that stores data in specifically structured HDFSs (Hadoop Distributed File System). Access to HBase data is increasingly critical, as low-latency ad-hoc query access becomes more common, enabling results in minutes and seconds versus hours.
- Apache Hive: Hive is among the most deployed technologies in the Hadoop system, and the new DataDirect JDBC support for Hive is key for Big Data implementations for business intelligence and analytics.
- PostgreSQL and Greenplum: PostgreSQL and Greenplum are two fast-growing database and enterprise data warehousing sources. Both extend a comprehensive, existing ODBC support lineup with new JDBC support in this release.
In addition, Progress is also announcing registration for a number of DataDirect pre-release and beta sources. Users can apply for beta program access, which includes sources such as:
- Social Media Data: When combined with CRM data, leveraging social data for sentiment analysis and customer satisfaction can be a major asset. DataDirect Cloud will be supporting many of the most popular social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Relational Data: Expanding on the DataDirect heritage of industry leading connectivity to relational data, new support will be added for Amazon RDS and Microsoft SQL Azure.
- NoSQL Data: Apache Cassandra and MongoDB are two of the most popular NoSQL databases on the market today, both of which will be supported by DataDirect.
- ERP Data: Simplifying the integration of on-premise and cloud business application data is a key strength of DataDirect, and new support for Oracle Taleo, Workday, Intacct, Concur, and Netsuite greatly expands the portfolio of supported business applications.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts