Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS) today announced new and expanded data sources for its DataDirect Cloud ™ service and its DataDirect Connect ® family of products. The addition of support for several of the most popular Big Data and CRM systems enables improved application connectivity and greater data accessibility for both on-premise and cloud environments.
Big Data, volumes of information from multiple disparate systems, and customer relationship management systems are driving forces in shaping decision-making in companies of all sizes. Reliable, secure and fast access to the necessary Big Data, CRM and other sources – both on premise and in the cloud – is needed for applications to provide a complete picture of the business landscape. With the continued expansion of its lineup of data sources, Progress is helping customers to improve decision-making and business processes and ensuring that no matter where data is housed, it can be effectively harnessed and utilized.
New sources include:
- DataDirect Cloud CRM sources: Currently in beta, the DataDirect Cloud service, which simplifies cloud data access, has added support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, VeevaCRM, FinancialForce and ServiceMax to a growing list of sources.
- Cloudera Impala: Cloudera Impala support expands the broad DataDirect coverage for Big Data databases. Cloudera provides SQL-based access to HBase, the NoSQL columnar database that stores data in specifically structured HDFSs (Hadoop Distributed File System). Access to HBase data is increasingly critical, as low-latency ad-hoc query access becomes more common, enabling results in minutes and seconds versus hours.
- Apache Hive: Hive is among the most deployed technologies in the Hadoop system, and the new DataDirect JDBC support for Hive is key for Big Data implementations for business intelligence and analytics.
- PostgreSQL and Greenplum: PostgreSQL and Greenplum are two fast-growing database and enterprise data warehousing sources. Both extend a comprehensive, existing ODBC support lineup with new JDBC support in this release.
In addition, Progress is also announcing registration for a number of DataDirect pre-release and beta sources. Users can apply for beta program access, which includes sources such as:
- Social Media Data: When combined with CRM data, leveraging social data for sentiment analysis and customer satisfaction can be a major asset. DataDirect Cloud will be supporting many of the most popular social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Relational Data: Expanding on the DataDirect heritage of industry leading connectivity to relational data, new support will be added for Amazon RDS and Microsoft SQL Azure.
- NoSQL Data: Apache Cassandra and MongoDB are two of the most popular NoSQL databases on the market today, both of which will be supported by DataDirect.
- ERP Data: Simplifying the integration of on-premise and cloud business application data is a key strength of DataDirect, and new support for Oracle Taleo, Workday, Intacct, Concur, and Netsuite greatly expands the portfolio of supported business applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV