NEW YORK, June 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- British Airways today took delivery of its first Boeing 787 aircraft, flying from Seattle into the airline's home: London Heathrow. British Airways also announced that tickets for the new 787s are now on sale for customers traveling from Toronto, Canada beginning September 1 and for customers traveling from Newark, New Jersey on October 1, 2013, subject to regulatory approval.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19606
To celebrate, the airline is launching special fares from both cities to London Heathrow. For travel from Toronto and New York (JFK or Newark), the fares begin at $787 roundtrip in World Traveller (economy). World Traveller Plus, the airline's premium economy, fares begin from $1290 roundtrip and, continuing the celebrations, Club World business class fares start from $2787 roundtrip. All fares include taxes, fees and carrier charges.The new 787 routes were announced in association with brand ambassador and star of stage and screen, Kim Cattrall. Kim, who born in England and raised in Canada said: "I fly regularly between the UK, Canada and the USA with British Airways and I love their service. I need to be ready to work when I land, so to know that I can fly on their 787s and arrive feeling really rested and refreshed is a definite bonus for me." New British Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliners: Benefits for Customers
- Low levels of cabin noise resulting in increased rest for customers.
- A higher humidity level in the cabins reduces the 'drying effect' so customers arrive feeling refreshed. This is the result of a difference in pressurization where cabin altitude is the equivalent of 6,000ft; 2,000ft lower than on other aircraft.
- The aircraft's smooth ride technology provides extra comfort during any turbulence.
- The bespoke lighting in every cabin can be set to reflect the time of day, helping to lull travellers to sleep at night and to wake them in the morning.
- Customers can also enjoy much larger windows, offering views of the horizon from every seat.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts