Standard Register (NYSE:SR) Healthcare, a leader in managing information and communications for healthcare, announced the launch of Engaging Patients ( www.engagingpatients.org), an online community that aggregates news, information and thought leadership to advance engagement between patients, their advocates and the providers who care for them.
“Improving communication is critical in order to drive engagement and meaningfully address the issues of quality, efficiency and cost of care. There are so many people and organizations that are doing great work to improve the patient experience and better engage patients into the care delivery process. We want to shine a spotlight on that work and share those best practices while providing a forum for thoughtful discussion,” said John King, president of Standard Register Healthcare. Though powered by Standard Register Healthcare, the purpose-driven community is guided by an Advisory Board and the content by the community’s members. The Engaging Patients Board includes:
- Pamela K. Greenhouse, Executive Director, Patient- and Family-Centered Care Innovation Center of UPMC
- Linda K. Kenney, Executive Director & President, Medically-Induced Trauma Support Services (MITSS)
- Arvind Kumar, Senior Vice President for Technology & Alliances, Risk Management Foundation at Harvard Medical Institutions
- Jim Rattray, Strategic Marketing, Branding & Communications Consultant to healthcare
- Sam Watson, Senior Vice President for Patient Safety & Quality, Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) and Executive Director of the MHA Keystone Center
- John G. King, President, Standard Register Healthcare
“If we expect to influence behaviors and ultimately improve patient outcomes, then we must address the central issue; effective communication. Only then can we fully engage patients and their advocates in order to affect change. As a vested member of the U.S. health system, we, as a company and individuals are committed to improving care delivery by helping our clients empower people with information. That’s why we created the Engaging Patients community,” King said.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts