Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today announced the final results of its offer to its shareholders to exchange all, some or none of their shares of Pfizer common stock for shares of Zoetis Inc. (NYSE: ZTS) common stock owned by Pfizer.
The exchange offer expired at 12:00 midnight, New York City time, on June 21, 2013. Under the terms of the exchange offer, 0.9898 shares of Zoetis common stock were exchanged for each share of Pfizer common stock accepted in the exchange offer. Pfizer accepted 405,117,195 shares of its common stock in exchange for the 400,985,000 shares of Zoetis common stock owned by Pfizer.
Because the exchange offer was oversubscribed, Pfizer accepted tendered shares of Pfizer common stock on a pro rata basis in proportion to the total number of shares tendered. Shareholders who owned fewer than 100 shares of Pfizer common stock, or an “odd-lot”, who validly tendered all of their shares, were not subject to proration if they requested such preferential treatment in accordance with the terms of the exchange offer. All shares validly tendered and not validly withdrawn by eligible odd-lot shareholders who requested not to be subject to proration have been accepted. The final proration factor of 24.1520516% was applied to all other shares of Pfizer common stock that were validly tendered and not validly withdrawn to determine the number of such shares that have been accepted from each tendering shareholder.
Based on the final count by the exchange agent, Computershare Trust Company, N.A., the final results of the exchange offer are as follows:
|Total number of shares of Pfizer common stock validly tendered|
|and not validly withdrawn:||1,674,974,996|
|Shares tendered that were subject to proration||1,674,214,833|
|“Odd-lot” shares tendered that were not subject to proration||760,163|
|Total number of shares of Pfizer common stock accepted||405,117,195|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV