Contrast this unwieldy proposition to a Hulu sale to Yahoo!, which would actually bring another buyer to the table for which content from ABC, Fox and NBC would forever thereafter be a must-have purchase. By selling to this buyer, in other words, Hulu's current owners would not only reap the benefits of a sale but simultaneously increase demand for their content.
Finally, despite all of its recent acquisitions, Yahoo! still has $5.4 billion in cash and marketable securities, with another $9 billion or so anticipated from its 23% remaining stake in IPO-pending Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. That's more than enough by far to effect a change of ownership at Hulu that, from a sellers' perspective, is clean, motivating and demand-increasing.
Written by Richard Morgan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV