Dell Software was recognized with recent industry announcements of product awards and finalist nominations, including three Stevie Award finalists in the 2013 American Business Awards. The mission of the Stevie Awards is to raise the profile of exemplary organizations and individuals among the press, business community, and the general public. Dell products have been named finalists in the following categories:
- MessageStats Business Insights ─ New Product or Service of the Year – Software –Business or Competitive Intelligence Solution category
- Foglight™ for Windows Azure Applications ─ New Product or Service of the Year – Software – Cloud Application/Service category
- Quest One™ Identity Manager - Data Governance Edition ─ New Product or Service of the Year – Software - Security Solution category
- Dell Software also received awards in this year’s “ Network Products Guide” 8 th Annual Hot Companies and Best Products Awards. The Network Products Guide plays a vital role in keeping decision-makers and end-users informed of the choices they can make in all areas of information technology.
- Dell’s Thomas Cook case study won Gold in the Best Deployments and Case Studies category. The case study highlights how international travel company Thomas Cook was able to solve performance issues 97 percent faster after implementing Dell’s leading application monitoring solution, Foglight™.
- Foglight for Windows Azure Applications won Silver in the Monitoring and Testing category
- Foglight™ NMS was the Bronze award winner in the Network Management category
- Quest One Identity Manager - Data Governance Edition took the Bronze award in the Security Software category.
- In addition, Storage Magazine has named Dell AppAssure the top midrange backup and recovery software solution in its 2013 Quality Awards competition. Dell AppAssure, a unified backup and recovery solution for virtual, physical and cloud environments, prevailed over six other finalists and 28 total solutions in the midrange category, earning high marks for product quality, features, reliability and technical support. The Storage Magazine Quality Awards are designed to recognize products that have proven their quality and reliability in actual use, with results being derived from a survey of qualified readers.
- Finally, Dell SonicWALL has picked up recognition from the following programs:
- Dell SonicWALL™ SuperMassive™ E10800 Next-Generation Firewall, running SonicOS 6.0, earned the highest rating of ‘Recommend’ in the NSS Labs 2013 Next Generation Firewall Security Value Map. NSS Labs provides independent validation for IT administrators who seek the best performing security for their modern corporate network and deployment scenarios, and executes one of the industry’s most comprehensive, real-world tests of Next-Generation Firewalls.
- Dell SonicWall’s SuperMassive 9000 Series is a Silver Award winner in the Tech Awards Circle 2013 Enterprise Hardware category. The Dell SonicWALL SuperMassive 9000 Series redefines the Next-Generation Firewall class, eliminating the age-old protection-for-performance tradeoff and offering breakthrough performance, unique levels of protection and vastly scalable multi-core hardware. Tech Awards Circle honors the 'best of the best' in technology, celebrating the products, vendors and individuals making a difference in the industry today.
Tom Kendra, vice president and general manager, Systems Management, Dell Software“These are important nominations for the Dell Software Group. They substantiate our role as a leading enterprise software provider that delivers to our customers the power to do more when it comes to optimizing IT within the enterprise. Our solutions, including those recognized by these awards programs, help organizations of all sizes to securely manage and protect their applications, systems, devices and data. We are extremely pleased to have been recognized for the value they drive for the enterprise.”