MINNEAPOLIS, June 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Liberte and Hugh Acheson, an award-winning chef, author, local restaurateur and judge on Bravo's Top Chef, are partnering to create a variety of unique pairings using Liberte yogurt and other local flavors. Similar to Liberte, Chef Acheson has an appreciation for the culinary craft and the history that goes into creating truly delicious food and developed his pairings with Georgians in mind.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130627/NY38393-a )(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130627/NY38393-b )(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130627/NY38393-c )(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910LOGO-d )
Liberte uses a blend of cultures to create two smooth, creamy varieties and several delicious flavors. Mediterranee is Liberte's signature, whole-milk yogurt available in seven delectable flavors. Liberte Greek is a fat-free delight with a clean, fresh-dairy taste, and it offers six flavors to sample.
"Liberte is all about simple ingredients, craftsmanship and quality, which I truly appreciate. The pairings I created for Liberte use bold taste to pay respect to the Southern region and the fresh ingredients found here," said Chef Acheson. "Plus, being from Canada, I grew up with the brand and am excited that it's now in Atlanta; everyone is in for a treat!"Liberte yogurt has a legacy of artisanship and a history as rich as its yogurt. Liberte began in Montreal, started by the Kaporovsky family in 1936, and has since made its way to the U.S., gaining acceptance and recognition from yogurt lovers and foodies from coast to coast. Recently introduced to the Atlanta area, Liberte continues to stay true to its roots of excellence and distinction, producing a delicious yogurt with simple ingredients, notable flavors and a clean, pure finish. "Liberte is all about discovery, and we're thrilled Chef Hugh Acheson is helping us uncover some delicious pairings to complement the simple ingredients in Liberte yogurt," says Maggie Watson, associate marketing manager for Liberte. Liberte Pairings Created by Chef Hugh Acheson Shrimp & Grits with Roasted Red Peppers, Capers, Lemon & Anchovies featuring Liberte Greek Plain Yogurt Serves 4 INGREDIENTS: 1/2 cup white grits 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/2 sweet onion, sliced 20 shrimp, seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt 4 ounces roasted red peppers, diced 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 2 tablespoons rinsed, minced anchovy 2 tablespoons capers 2 teaspoons freshly picked thyme 4 ounces tomato juice 4 ounces clam juice (or chicken stock may be substituted) 1 container Liberte Greek Plain yogurt INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place 2 cups of water, the grits and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a heavy-bottomed saucepot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Whisk for a couple of minutes, reduce the heat to low and switch to a wooden spoon as the grits begin to thicken up. Stir every 5 minutes for about 45 minutes, or until the grits have the consistency of a slightly thinner polenta.
- After the grits have cooked for about 40 minutes, begin the shrimp. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the red peppers, garlic, anchovy, capers and thyme, and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tomato juice and clam juice into pan and continue to cook until shrimp is finished, approximately 2 minutes more.
- In 4 shallow bowls, place 1/2 cup of the cooked grits and spoon over the shrimp mixture, placing 5 shrimp per bowl. Top each serving with a large dollop of Liberte Greek Plain Yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the filo, brown sugar, salt and butter in a mixing bowl and toss well to combine.
- Form the dough mixture into 4 equal-sized "nests" and place each on a baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Crack the coconut with a hammer, and remove the thick outer shell and set the liquid aside for another use. Using a peeler, shave 1 cup of the coconut meat into think strips.
- Place on a baking sheet and baking for about 3 minutes, or until toasted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place 1 filo "nest" into 4 separate bowls and top with Liberte Mediterranee Coconut Yogurt. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the toasted coconut over the yogurt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV