Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that SugarSync, a premium service that lets you access, sync and share all of your files and folders across all your computers and mobile devices, has renewed its contract with Equinix and continues to expand in Equinix’s SV4 International Business Exchange ™ (IBX ®) data center in Silicon Valley.
An Equinix customer since 2007, SugarSync has experienced significant growth over the last three years. Accordingly, its infrastructure has doubled in Equinix’s SV4 and SV2 data centers. The company plans to expand its footprint in SV4 while consolidating some of the equipment in its older cages.
Highlights / Key Facts
- With Equinix, SugarSync has direct access to the world’s top Tier-1 carriers, networks and internet service providers (ISPs) making it easy for SugarSync to quickly and efficiently connect with its business partners and end-users.
- According to a recent survey conducted by SugarSync, the cloud is now considered a critical small business tool, with 90 percent of respondents seeing file and folder sync and 85 percent viewing back up as “very important.” New work styles and mobility are driving cloud adoption, as indicated by the 80 percent of respondents who have remote workers.
- Remote access is a critical feature for SugarSync’s end-users, giving them anytime, anywhere access to their documents, photos, videos, music and more from any computer or mobile device. Equinix provides close proximity to mobile carriers so that SugarSync can ensure an optimal mobile experience to its customers and continued growth in the mobile market.
- Jason Mikami , vice president of Operations, SugarSync: “Thanks to our relationship with Equinix, we’ve had the physical density and flexibility to partner with a number of carriers using different networking options over time. With high availability and plentiful network options to choose from, Equinix is ideally suited to provide SugarSync the low-latency bandwidth and high uptime we need to continue to grow our business.”
- Chris Sharp , general manager, Cloud & Content, Equinix: “Our ongoing relationship with SugarSync demonstrates our commitment to providing maximum value to our customers. As SugarSync continues to grow globally, we hope that Equinix’s geographically dispersed footprint gives the company the scalability and reach to cost-effectively take on new customers.”