California Nations Indian Gaming Association Applauds President Obama For Establishing White House Council On Native American Affairs
SACRAMENTO, Calif., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The California Nations Indian Gaming Association (CNIGA) wishes to express our appreciation to President Obama for the Executive Order establishing the White House Council on Native American Affairs. President Obama declared it the policy of the United States to recognize the inherent sovereignty of our Indian nations and tribes, to promote Indian sovereignty and tribal self-government, and to respect treaty rights.
President Obama also recognized the historical mistreatment of Indian nations and tribes and how that has hurt our communities. President Obama has made it the official policy of the United States to promote the prosperity of Indian nations and tribes.
We look forward to working with the Secretary of the Interior and the new White House Council on Native American Affairs, which will include the Departments of State, Treasury, Defense, Justice, Ag, Commerce, Labor, HHS, HUD, Energy, Education, U.S. Trade Rep, OMB, EPA, SBA, CEQ, and White House Intergovernmental, among others.
Chairman Daniel J. Tucker, said, "We worked together with Great Plains, Midwest Alliance of Sovereign Tribes, Council of Large Tribes, United South and Eastern Tribes to call for a National Council of Native Nations. President Obama responded to that call with the new White House Council on Native American Affairs. We applaud the excellent leadership that the President has provided for Native Americans!"The California Nations Indian Gaming Association is a non-profit association comprised of federally recognized tribal governments dedicated to the protection of tribal sovereignty and the right of tribes to have gaming on Indian lands. SOURCE California Nations Indian Gaming Association
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV