Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard
Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.8%. By the end of trading, Newmont Mining Corporation fell $1.71 (-5.9%) to $27.22 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 14,927,352 shares of Newmont Mining Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,808,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.07-$28.08 after having opened the day at $27.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.93. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Pacific Booker Minerals (PBM), down 14.1%, Minco Gold Corporation (MGH), down 14.0%, China Gengsheng Minerals (CHGS), down 12.6% and SilverCrest Mines (SVLC), down 11.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Newmont Mining Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV