United States Steel Corporation (X) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.8%. By the end of trading, United States Steel Corporation rose $0.41 (2.4%) to $17.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,472,621 shares of United States Steel Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,527,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.02-$17.65 after having opened the day at $17.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.05. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Great Basin Gold (GBG), up 15.6%, Prospect Global Resources (PGRX), up 15.0%, Cardero Resources Corporation (CDY), up 14.5% and Synalloy Corporation (SYNL), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full United States Steel Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about X
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV