RUTLAND, Vt., June 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Casella Waste Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:CWST), a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company, today reported financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2013, and gave guidance for its fiscal year 2014.
Highlights for the quarter included:
- Revenue growth of 2.2 percent over the same quarter last year.
- Overall solid waste pricing growth of 0.7 percent was primarily driven by collection pricing growth of 1.5 percent as a percentage of collection revenues.
- Adjusted EBITDA* was $19.4 million for the quarter.
For the quarter ended April 30, 2013, revenues were $108.7 million, up $2.3 million, or 2.2 percent, from the same quarter last year, with revenue growth mainly driven by acquisition activity, higher recycling volumes, and higher solid waste collection pricing.The company's net loss attributable to common stockholders was ($13.4) million, or ($0.34) per share for the quarter, compared to net loss of ($49.1) million, or ($1.83) per share for the same quarter last year. The current quarter includes a $0.2 million severance and reorganization charge related to the sale of the Maine Energy Recovery Company LP ("Maine Energy") facility and other realignment activities, $0.4 million of expenses related to the divestiture of Maine Energy and the acquisition of Blow Brothers Inc. ("BBI"), a $0.4 million reversal of a prior estimated loss on the divestiture of Maine Energy, $0.7 million of legal expenses related to the settlement of the New York State income tax matter, and a $3.7 million loss from discontinued operations related to the planned disposal of the company's only construction and demolition processing business. By comparison, the quarter ended April 30, 2012 included a $40.7 million non-cash asset impairment charge associated with the sale of Maine Energy, a $0.3 million loss on the extinguishment of debt, and a $0.1 million loss from discontinued operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV