Cloud Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE: CLD), one of the largest U.S. coal producers and the only pure-play Powder River Basin (PRB) coal company, announced that it has promoted current Spring Creek Mine General Manager Bruce Jones to the position of Senior Vice President, Technical Services effective July 8, 2013.
Jones joined Cloud Peak Energy’s Spring Creek Mine, a surface coal mine in the Northern Powder River Basin in Montana, in 2007. Prior to that role, Jones served as Production Manager at Kennecott Utah Copper.
President and Chief Executive Officer Colin Marshall said, “Bruce is a proven leader at Cloud Peak Energy. The Spring Creek Mine has a long history of operational excellence during Bruce’s tenure as its General Manager. The mine is among the safest coal mines in the country and demonstrates Cloud Peak Energy’s strong commitment to environmental stewardship. We look forward to Bruce’s continued contributions in his new role in helping shape and execute Cloud Peak Energy’s growth strategy.”
Marshall continued, “I would also like to thank Nick Taylor, who has served as our Senior Vice President, Technical Services since October 2009 and previously served in various capacities with the company’s predecessor, Rio Tinto. Nick will assist with the transition through his departure in August 2013. Nick has made significant contributions to our company during his many years of service, and we wish him well in his future endeavors.”The company also announced that David Schwend, Spring Creek Mine’s Maintenance Manager, has been promoted to General Manager of the Spring Creek Mine as of July 8, 2013. “Dave has been instrumental in the growth of Spring Creek while working in the production and maintenance areas, and his leadership and background will add real value to the Cloud Peak Energy operations team,” said Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Gary Rivenes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV