Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development, deployment and management of business applications, today announced strong results for its fiscal second quarter ended May 31, 2013.
As previously announced on June 13, 2013, the company entered into a definitive purchase and sale agreement to divest the Apama product line. The sale is expected to close in July. As a result, the Apama product line results are reported in discontinued operations for all periods presented.
Revenue from continuing operations was $81.7 million compared to $74.1 million, a year over year increase of 12% on a constant currency basis, or an increase of 10% using actual exchange rates.
Additional financial highlights included:On a GAAP basis in the fiscal second quarter of 2013:
- Income from operations was $14.4 million compared to $12.8 million in the same quarter last year;
- Income from continuing operations was $8.1 million compared to $8.9 million in the same quarter last year;
- Net income was $3.9 million compared to $(1.9) million in the same quarter last year; and
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.15 compared to $0.14 in the same quarter last year.
- Income from operations was $23.7 million compared to $25.2 million in the same quarter last year;
- Operating margin was 29% compared to 34% in the same quarter last year;
- Income from continuing operations was $15.0 million compared to $17.3 million in the same quarter last year; and
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.27 compared to $0.27 in the same quarter last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV