Official Declines To Testify In Contracting Probe
In another tense exchange, Rep. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., an Iraq war veteran and who lost both her legs in combat, mocked Castillo's application for veterans benefits which allowed him to promote Strong Castle as a small business operated by a disabled veteran.
Duckworth noted that Castillo sustained a foot injury not in combat but while playing football at a military prep school. Castillo went on to play college football at the University of San Diego, and more than 20 years later, applied for veterans disability payments.
"My feet hurt too," Duckworth said, sarcastically. "In fact, the balls of my feet hurt continuously. So I can understand and ... I'm so sorry that twisting your ankle in high school has now come to hurt you in such a painful way."
Duckworth asked Castillo how severe his injury was rated by the VA. After Castillo said it was rated at 30 percent, Duckworth pointed to her own arm."My right arm was essentially blown off and reattached ... and I'm still in danger of losing my arm. I can't feel my arm. My disability rating for that arm is 20 percent," Duckworth said. "I don't set the ratings," Castillo replied.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV