Our partnership with BirdLife enables us to create effective local partnerships with BirdLife Partners (environmental NGOs), which adds immense value to our ongoing efforts to ensure that biodiversity thrives around our operations.”
- In 2010, the partnership completed a groundbreaking scoping study of 543 CEMEX sites worldwide in terms of their proximity to areas of high biodiversity. A call to action, the scoping study prioritizes the operational sites where efforts to identify, protect, enhance, and restore biodiversity are most urgently needed.
- At the end of 2011, the partnership officially launched the CEMEX-Birdlife Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) standard. This standard provides a uniform framework for identifying, protecting, and enhancing biodiversity at a site, including stages for biodiversity surveys, stakeholder engagement, and sustainable site management.
- Currently, six BAP pilot projects are up and running in Mexico, the USA, the UK, Spain, Malaysia, and the Dominican Republic. Almost all of these projects, which are located within each CEMEX region, are underpinned by national partnerships with BirdLife Partners.
- The CEMEX-BirdLife event at the BirdLife International World Congress marked the launch of a brand new publication for CEMEX operations and for BirdLife Partners, ‘The CEMEX approach to Biodiversity Conservation’
Looking forward, CEMEX plans to establish BAP projects at additional high priority sites – identified in the CEMEX-BirdLife Scoping Study – by 2015. The company is also working with BirdLife to develop new training initiatives for CEMEX staff as part of our communications strategy, which will help generate momentum for new activities to conserve biodiversity.
BirdLife World CongressCEMEX participated at the BirdLife International World Congress during June 19-22, 2013. Among its objectives at the Congress, the company shared experiences from the CEMEX-BirdLife global conservation partnership, discussed developments from its BAPs, and encouraged interest in potential new relationships with BirdLife’s network of international partners. This year’s Congress was one of the world’s greatest gatherings of conservation leaders with attendees from over 120 countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV