A.M. Best Co. has assigned debt ratings of “a-” to the recently issued $500 million 3.15% fixed senior unsecured notes due 2023 and $500 million 4.5% fixed senior unsecured notes due 2043 of The Allstate Corporation (Allcorp) (Northbrook, IL) [NYSE: ALL]. Concurrently, A.M. Best has assigned a debt rating of “bbb” to the recently issued $287.5 million non-cumulative perpetual preferred stock. The outlook assigned to all ratings is stable.
The proceeds from the offerings are expected to be used to partially fund retirement of approximately $3.0 billion of outstanding debt in connection with Allcorp’s recently announced capital restructuring plans and for general corporate purposes. The retirement of $3.0 billion includes the $1.8 billion principal amount of bonds tendered, the 2013 debt maturity of $250 million repaid in June and the $950 million pre-funded 2014 debt maturities.
The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology.
A.M. Best Company is the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.Copyright © 2013 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV