One health care player that insiders are buying up a huge amount of stock in here is Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX), which develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of pharmaceutical products primarily in the areas of neurology, dermatology and branded generics. Insiders are buying this stock into strength, since shares are up sharply by 42% so far in 2013.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $26 billion and an enterprise value of $36 billion. This stock trades at a fair valuation, with a price-to-sales of 6.94 and a price-to-book of 7.22. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $413.74 million and its total debt is a whopping $10.62 billion.>>5 Short-Squeeze Stocks Primed to Pop A director just bought 1.35 million shares, or about $114.99 million worth of stock, at $85 per share. From a technical perspective, VRX is currently trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock recently formed a double bottom chart pattern at $81.94 to $82 a share. Following that bottom, shares of VRX are now starting to trend higher and move within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. If you're bullish on VRX, then I would look for long-biased trades as long as this stock is trending above $81.94 and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance at $88.67 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 1.91 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VRX will set up to re-test or possibly take out its 52-week high at $96.25 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV