My warnings were met with enthusiastic acclamation, praise and thanks. Here is a sample of the comments received:
John: "Is this guy for real????"
Rafi Farber: "The market is a Zero Sum game. Smart money buys low and sells high. Dumb money buys high and sells low to compensate. This guy Robert Weinstein will be the dumb money on this trade. God bless him."Robertfwaxman: "Thanks, you are the epitome of contrarian indicators." Texas: "...Mr. Weinstein fails to discuss the macro economic reasons that led to , and will continue to push gold/silver prices higher. Analysts like Mr. Weinstein (which i submit are in a majority right now) seem to bash silver gold without due regard to the fundamentals..." It's ok, I'm used to it. When you write a bearish article, you normally don't gain a lot of friends. But if you do your homework, you gain respect. I remain bearish on metals and believe gold, as shown by the SPDR Gold Shares (GLD), will test $100 before $200. In other words, GLD hasn't reached the bottom yet. I'm not nearly as bearish with silver, as shown by iShares Silver Trust (SLV), though. Don't take it the wrong way, it's not a deal yet, but it may bottom out in 2013. The key takeaway with buying dips is that they generally fall further than they "should." The markets are based primarily on emotion in the short term and fundamentals over the long term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV