- Make sure your home is structurally safe. If your home has sustained serious structural damage, be extremely careful and be sure it is safe to be inside the home.
- Prepare to file an insurance claim by gathering all relevant policy numbers.
- Report possible claims promptly.
- Make reasonable temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Save the receipts for temporary home repairs as these expenses may be reimbursed as part of your homeowner's policy. Your adjuster will need this information.
- If your home is uninhabitable, review your policy to find out what additional living expenses your insurance policy may provide. Keep any receipts for expenses that may be reimbursed as part of your homeowners' policy.
- Inventory your home and list damaged items before your adjuster arrives. An inventory can help facilitate the claim process after a disaster.
Allstate Assisting Policyholders Cleaning Up After Storms
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts