Disney Consumer Products (DCP) today announced the launch of “Sofia the First” products at retailers nationwide for the first time starting this month (previously only available at Disney Store locations). From key licensees such as Mattel, JAKKS Pacific, Jay Franco and others, the expanded product offering features an assortment of items inspired by cable TV’s #1 series among kids 2-5 1. The line includes Sofia's iconic dress and amulet necklace, home décor bedding and bath accessories, apparel, as well as an assortment of dolls, plush, a castle and more. The line was unveiled in New York at Disney’s annual holiday preview to the press and mom bloggers showcasing what is arriving at retailers this month and what is in store for the holidays.
Sofia the First Magical Talking Doll by Mattel (Photo: Business Wire)
“Since the debut of 'Sofia the First' on Disney Junior last year, we have heard from parents whose children have asked for everything from a Sofia doll to her dress and the magical amulet. After a successful launch at Disney Store, we’re excited to give parents an even bigger selection of products to delight their preschoolers and extend the storytelling,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. “As Sofia and her cast of characters continue to grow, we look forward to bringing fans more magical products to experience the series.”
Highlights from the new and enchanting product line include:
- Sofia the First Talking Sofia and Animal Friends by Mattel (MSRP: $39.99): Wearing her special amulet from the King and signature princess gown, the talking Sofia doll can recognize and talk with three of her best animal friends: Clover the Rabbit, Robin the Robin and Mia the Bluebird.
- Sofia the First Magical Talking Castle by Mattel (MSRP: $59.99): When girls place Sofia or Clover the Rabbit on the castle’s special base, they can “magically” hear phrases said in each character’s voice. Other dolls and figures from across the line unlock even more character phrases.
- Sofia the First Transforming Dress (MSRP: $19.99) and Magical Amulet (MSRP: $14.99) by JAKKS Pacific: The Sofia the First Transforming Dress features two dresses in one and comes with a free collectible magic lesson card to use with the interactive talking magical amulet which features the voice of Sofia and teaches little girls valuable princess lessons about kindness, sharing, manners and more. The talking magical amulet comes with 12 collectible cards.
- Sofia the First Talking Clover Feature Plush by JAKKS Pacific (MSRP: $19.99): Soft and cuddly Clover loves to chat with friends. Press his tummy and feed him his cookie to hear him say five different phrases from the show; he also comes with a free collectible magic lesson card to use with the talking magical amulet.
- Sofia the First Bedding Collection by Jay Franco (MSRP: $23.99 - $59.99): Send your princess in training off to dreamland in this Sofia the First bedding set available exclusively at Toys R Us.
- Sofia the First Tee Shirt by Freeze (MSRP: $12.00): Your child will be voted “Best Princess in Class” while wearing this tee featuring Sofia the First and her friends Clover the Rabbit and Robin the Robin.
Disney Publishing will be introducing a Sofia the First Digital Magazine and Story Theater App this summer, as well as second storybook Sofia the First: The Floating Palace (the first storybook – Sofia the First – is currently on The New York Times Bestsellers list).“Sofia the First” is set in the storybook world of Enchancia and tells the story of Princess Sofia, an adventurous little girl who is learning how to adjust to royal life after her mom marries the king and she becomes a princess overnight. In each episode, Sofia addresses girl-relevant themes and lessons, educating young girls on how to embody key qualities such as kindness, generosity, loyalty, honesty and grace. “Sofia the First” airs daily on Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV