JACKSONVILLE, Fla., June 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMRT) today announced that Jay Stein, previously the company's Interim Chief Executive Officer, has been named Chief Executive Officer, effective June 25, 2013.
"It has been my pleasure to return and lead Stein Mart after nearly two years as interim CEO. Working side-by-side with our wonderful leadership team, we are now enjoying these great results," said Jay Stein, Chief Executive Officer. "This is an important time in our company's history and I am very happy to be part of this great organization."
Mr. Stein served as Interim Chief Executive Officer of Stein Mart since September 2011. Mr. Stein has served as Chairman of Stein Mart's Board of Directors since 1989 and will continue to serve in that role. Mr. Stein previously served as Stein Mart's Chief Executive Officer from 1990 to September 2001.About Stein Mart Stein Mart stores offer the fashion merchandise, service and presentation of a better department or specialty store, at prices competitive with off-price retail chains. Currently with locations from California to Massachusetts, Stein Mart's focused assortment of merchandise features current season, moderate to better fashion apparel for women and men, as well as accessories, shoes and home fashions. SMRT-G Additional information about Stein Mart, Inc. can be found at www.steinmart.com
CONTACT: For more information: Linda Tasseff Director, Investor Relations (904) 858-2639 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV