The majority of affluent investors who receive advice primarily invest to preserve capital (57 percent) rather than grow their assets (43 percent) and the vast majority (81 percent) say creating retirement income to last the rest of their lives is their primary investment goal.
Despite the overwhelming feelings of confidence, affluent investors are not without some concerns. Among the issues they are discussing with their advisors are market volatility, the interest rate environment, inflation and tax increases.
About Schwab’s Advisory Solutions
Schwab’s suite of advisory programs, with $139 billion in total (as of May 2013), provides clients with ongoing investment support and portfolio solutions including:
- Schwab Advisor Network® – A referral to a local independent investment advisor who offers investment management for investors with more complex financial situations and specialized planning needs.
- Schwab Private Client® – An ongoing private client relationship with dedicated representatives at Schwab and non-discretionary advice provided by Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc.
- Windhaven Portfolios® – Broadly diversified strategies composed primarily of ETFs that strive to capture growth in rising markets while seeking to reduce exposure in declining ones.
- ThomasPartners™ – A dividend income-focused money management strategy that provides a disciplined approach through diversified equity holdings based upon bottom- up fundamental analysis while remaining cognizant of overall exposure to specific asset categories or industries.
- Schwab Managed Portfolios™ – Diversified portfolios of either mutual funds or ETFs designed for a range of investment strategies and managed by Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc.
- Managed Account Services – Specialized investment strategies for part or all of a portfolio, managed by professional asset managers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV