4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: TRI, IEP, DCT, IRM
DCT Industrial (NYSE: DCT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. DCT Industrial Trust Inc. operates as a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm provides its services to companies. Through its fund, it engages in the ownership, operation, and development of real estate properties. The average volume for DCT Industrial has been 4,557,100 shares per day over the past 30 days DCT Industrial has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the real estate industry Shares are up 5.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday TheStreet Ratings rates DCT Industrial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DCT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DCT INDUSTRIAL TRUST INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DCT INDUSTRIAL TRUST INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.00%. Regardless of DCT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DCT's net profit margin of 1.73% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full DCT Industrial Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV