Enbridge Energy Partners (NYSE: EEP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.50%. Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. owns and operates crude oil and liquid petroleum transportation and storage assets; and natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation, and marketing assets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 43.91 The average volume for Enbridge Energy Partners has been 938,100 shares per day over the past 30 days Enbridge Energy Partners has a market cap of $7.4 billion and is part of the energy industry Shares are up 5.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday TheStreet Ratings rates Enbridge Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strongest point has been its strong cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $205.90 million or 20.03% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 20.03%, ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.51%.
- The gross profit margin for ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.60%. Regardless of EEP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EEP's net profit margin of -4.92% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.37 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, EEP has a quick ratio of 0.51, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Enbridge Energy Partners Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts