Pepco Holdings (NYSE: POM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.50%. Pepco Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the transmission, distribution, and supply of electricity. The company also distributes and supplies natural gas. The average volume for Pepco Holdings has been 2,276,500 shares per day over the past 30 days Pepco Holdings has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the utilities industry Shares are up 1.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday TheStreet Ratings rates Pepco Holdings as a buy. The company's strongest point has been its expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- POM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- PEPCO HOLDINGS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PEPCO HOLDINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.22 versus $1.14 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.8% in earnings ($1.13 versus $1.22).
- In its most recent trading session, POM has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it is one of the factors that makes this stock an attractive investment.
- The gross profit margin for PEPCO HOLDINGS INC is rather low; currently it is at 20.30%. Regardless of POM's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, POM's net profit margin of -35.10% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$146.00 million or 734.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Pepco Holdings Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts