5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: KFN, NKA, APTS, DSWL, VALU
Value Line (NASDAQ:VALU ) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.50%. Value Line, Inc. engages in the production of investment related periodical publications primarily in the United States. The company provides investment related periodicals covering various investments, such as stocks, mutual funds, options, and convertible securities. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.75The average volume for Value Line has been 4,200 shares per day over the past 30 days Value Line has a market cap of $79.3 million and is part of the financial services industry Shares are down 7.8% year to date as of the close of trading on TuesdayTheStreet Ratings rates Value Line as ahold . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VALU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Despite the fact that VALU's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.57, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- VALU, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for VALUE LINE INC is rather low; currently it is at 16.40%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.52% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.38 million or 54.65% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the fullValue Line Ratings Report.
- Our top-yielding stocks list .
- Our dividend calendar .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV