5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: KFN, NKA, APTS, DSWL, VALU
Preferred Apartment Communities (AMEX:APTS ) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.40%. Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc. is a real estate investment trust launched and managed by Preferred Apartment Advisors, LLC. The fund invests in real estate markets of the United States. It primarily acquires and operates multifamily apartment properties.The average volume for Preferred Apartment Communities has been 32,400 shares per day over the past 30 days Preferred Apartment Communities is part of the real estate industry Shares are up 3.9% year to date as of the close of trading on TuesdayTheStreet Ratings rates Preferred Apartment Communities as ahold . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APTS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 127.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- 36.50% is the gross profit margin for PREFERRED APARTMENT CMNTYS which we consider to be strong. Regardless of APTS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, APTS's net profit margin of -52.14% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 554.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.48 million to -$3.12 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $0.76 million or 18.44% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, PREFERRED APARTMENT CMNTYS has marginally lower results.
- You can view the fullPreferred Apartment Communities Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV