Niska Gas Storage Partners (NYSE: NKA ) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.90%. Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC owns and operates natural gas storage assets in North America. The average volume for Niska Gas Storage Partners has been 159,400 shares per day over the past 30 days Niska Gas Storage Partners has a market cap of $486.7 million and is part of the utilities industry Shares are up 32.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday TheStreet Ratings rates Niska Gas Storage Partners as a hold . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NKA's share price has jumped by 42.81%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 383.19% to $73.07 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NISKA GAS STORAGE PARTNERS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.51%.
- NISKA GAS STORAGE PARTNERS has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NISKA GAS STORAGE PARTNERS continued to lose money by earning -$0.63 versus -$2.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.60 versus -$0.63).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.21 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, NKA maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.98, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 108.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $15.64 million to -$1.28 million.
- You can view the fullNiska Gas Storage Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts