5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: GHL, MFA, SAN, OFC, UMPQ
Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: UMPQ) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Umpqua Holdings Corporation operates as the holding company for Umpqua Bank and Umpqua Investments, Inc. that provide commercial, and retail banking and brokerage services to corporate, institutional, and individual customers in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.77 The average volume for Umpqua Holdings Corporation has been 757,800 shares per day over the past 30 days Umpqua Holdings Corporation has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the banking industry Shares are up 26.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday TheStreet Ratings rates Umpqua Holdings Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 662.16% to $234.74 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UMPQUA HOLDINGS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.25%.
- UMPQUA HOLDINGS CORP's earnings per share declined by 8.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UMPQUA HOLDINGS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.91 versus $0.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.92 versus $0.91).
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, UMPQUA HOLDINGS CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average. The net income has decreased by 8.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $25.50 million to $23.36 million.
- You can view the full Umpqua Holdings Corporation Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV