Corporate Office Properties (NYSE: OFC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.50%. Owns, manages, leases, acquires and develops suburban office properties located in the Greater Washington DC and other markets. At Dec. 31, 2005, this self-managed real estate investment trust owned 165 operating office properties with 13.7 million rentable square feet and several land parcels. The average volume for Corporate Office Properties has been 580,200 shares per day over the past 30 days Corporate Office Properties has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the real estate industry Shares are down 0.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday TheStreet Ratings rates Corporate Office Properties as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 45.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $10.30 million to $15.02 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $47.31 million or 8.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.12%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CORP OFFICE PPTYS TR INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CORP OFFICE PPTYS TR INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.38% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Corporate Office Properties Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts