With the introduction of the GE Artistry™ Series, GE’s designers focus on the needs of today’s generation of Millennials and their desire to uniquely express themselves. Created by a 27-year-old GE industrial designer with his own generation in mind, the Artistry Series provides first-time homebuyers with a distinctive and cool appearance at a price they can afford. This new line of stylishly sensible kitchen products includes five appliances: a gas range, electric range, bottom-freezer refrigerator, over-the-range microwave and top-control dishwasher.
Today’s Millennials comprise a significant number of first-time homebuyers; in fact, according to real estate brokerage company, Redfin, homebuyers in the 25- to 34-year-old age group make up the largest proportion of homebuyers.
“These buyers are price conscious and design savvy, but also want appliances from a brand they trust,” said Lou Lenzi, director of GE’s Industrial Design Operation. “In today’s marketplace, affordable appliances tend to look the same; GE Artistry Series fills that void for consumers by offering unique-looking products not currently sold by other manufacturers.”
Designed to delight and disrupt at retailMost appliances in this segment of the market have similar features that consumers use every day; Artistry offers this, as well as a design aesthetic that will stand out in the home and on the retail floor. “Investing in the design of these appliances was a top priority for our team,” said Lenzi. “We’ve tripled our design resources over the past two years, and after much research, Tomas DeLuna, industrial designer for GE Appliances’ Concept and Brand team, was tapped to lead the development of the Artistry Series. The look needed to be simple and approachable with very clean lines. DeLuna’s design sensibilities made him an ideal fit to lead the project.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV