Savvy consumers are being driven to replace current household light bulbs with light-emitting diodes (LED) to reduce energy consumption and costs. This shift away from traditional lighting has caused the LED market to double between 2006 and 2011 with growth projected to continue. To support this dynamic global industry, Materion Advanced Chemicals has significantly enhanced its production of critical phosphor materials critical to all types of LED lighting.
Materion Boosts Production
The LED industry is always seeking ways to improve performance and lower costs. Materion produces consistent, high-quality inorganic compounds used in the manufacture of LED phosphors that deliver more lumens per dollar. “Customers come to us because of our chemical expertise and ability to synthesize and handle these exceptional materials in high-volume applications,” says E. J. Strother, Vice President and Strategic Business Unit Leader at Materion Advanced Chemicals.
To meet the accelerating demand for LED phosphor materials, Materion has:
- Expanded production space, designed as a “Production Work Cell,” for leaner manufacturing
- Added new dedicated processing equipment to increase handling capacity
- Improved process and engineering controls for greater operational efficiency
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts