School is out and the summer is here but there is still more work to be done! Organizations across North America are working to get their communities fit and Coca-Cola is bringing in the troops for reinforcement.
The Coca-Cola Foundation will award more than $16M in U.S. grants this quarter with almost $8M directed to fitness programs.
One such program is Coca-Cola Troops For Fitness. Last year, Coca-Cola Troops for Fitness was piloted as a part of the Chicago Park District Park Families Wellness Initiative. Through a 3-year $3M grant, the National Recreation and Parks Association (NRPA) will implement the military-inspired fitness bootcamp at local NRPA agencies. The program will increase community participation in fitness activities and awareness of park and recreation agencies in a fun, military-inspired way. The program will also provide employment opportunities by hiring veterans to instruct the fitness program.
A $1.5M grant to Catholic Charities Community Services will provide online fitness tools and a nutritionist to educate 26,000 coaches and participants in neighborhoods throughout New York. In partnership with the Mayor’s Fitness Council, a $1.2 million grant to the San Antonio Sports Foundation will provide mobile fitness and health resources throughout the city.“Coca-Cola is committed to the health of our communities because of one simple fact – our success depends upon the strength of those communities,” said Lori George Billingsley, Vice President, Community Relations, Coca-Cola North America Group. “Through programs like Coca-Cola Troops for Fitness, we leverage the strength of community leaders and veterans and empower them to serve as wellness leaders too.” Other organizations receiving active, healthy living funding include:
- American College of Sports Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, $90,000
- AmeriHealth Mercy, Philadelphia, PA, $25,000
- Girls, Inc., New York City, NY, $100,000
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Los Angeles, CA, $25,000
- National 4-H Council, Chevy Chase, MD, $250,000
- Philadelphia Youth Network, Philadelphia, PA, $25,000
- San Antonio Food Bank, San Antonio, TX, $300,000
- Team Mates, Omaha, NE, $25,000
- YMCA of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, $25,000
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV