The world's largest chipmaker held its Research@Intel Event yesterday, demonstrating some of the technologies the world can expect to see in the years to come. The demonstrations were put into four different stations: Enriching Lives, The Data Society, Intelligent Everything, and Tech Essentials.
A little over two years ago, the company started collaborating with outside academic researchers to create a global network of seven Intel Science and Technology Centers (ISTCs) and six Intel Collaborative Research Institutes (ICRIs). Each center allows its researchers to advance computing in a much faster way than ever before, as they work on advancing fields such as embedded, cloud, social and secure computing, as well as others. The event shows off the fruits of that labor, and what the world can expect to see in the future.
"The majority of our research is conducted by Intel's own researchers but we are delighted by the quality and quantity of research coming out of the ISTCs and ICRIs," said Justin Rattner, Intel's Chief Technology Officer. "Importantly, the deeply collaborative structure of these engagements is based on an open IP model benefiting not just Intel and researchers, but the high technology industry and human society at large."Here's a look at what the Santa Clara, Calif.-based tech giant had to show off as some of its most innovative new ideas come to life.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV