NEW YORK ( TheStreet ) -- At a time when most bond funds have been sinking, high-yield exchange-traded funds have suffered especially big losses.
But new hedged ETFs have been limiting the damage by selling some assets short, betting that bonds will fall.
Among the top performers is ProShares High Yield-Interest Rate Hedged (HYHG), which returned 0% in the past month.Other hedged funds that have outdone conventional high-yield ETFs include Market Vectors Treasury-Hedged High Yield Bond (THHY) and First Trust High Yield Long/Short (HYLS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV