NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- A new page has appeared on Apple's (AAPL) own Web site advertising the benefits of iOS 7 for Business. Apple said the upcoming software refresh is "the most significant update since the original iPhone."
It's part of what will be a big push by Apple to make the iPhone/iPad operating system even more appealing to enterprise users and decision makers. That is especially important in today's world of dwindling Microsoft (MSFT) Windows 8 device sales. Apple wants large businesses to know that the soon-to-be-released updated OS will include more advanced ways to deploy and protect iPhones and iPads in the enterprise as well as provide a better experience for end users.
Apple shares were falling 0.8% to $399.50.
According to the pitch, the new iOS 7 will include advanced methods to configure devices on a large scale, management of App Store sign-ins and device configuration as well as new features to help business purchases,Among the many featured benefits of the operating system update: Improved Mail: The new Mail app is said to be easier to use and includes better list views, better handling of PDF files and redesigned search functions. App Store license management: Will give businesses a way to assign specific apps to their users while keeping corporate ownership as well as full control over application licenses. Managed open in: The ability to control which apps and accounts are used to open documents/attachments. Per App VPN: Apps will be able to be configured to automatically connect to a company's Virtual Private Network upon launching. Enterprise Single Sign-on: It allows user credentials to be remembered for use across a number of applications. Apple has yet to announce an actual release date for iOS 7 saying only that the new software will be "coming this fall." --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV