The Race Across America Powered by Trane (RAAM) – the world’s toughest and longest-running transcontinental cycling race – has crossed the finish line after an unrelenting 3,000 miles. Trane, a leading global provider of indoor comfort solutions and services and a brand of Ingersoll Rand (NYSE: IR), commemorated its 100th anniversary by aligning its reputation for unstoppable reliability with the world’s most unstoppable athletes as RAAM’s first-ever presenting sponsor.
“The synergistic relationship between RAAM and Trane has been a great fit. RAAM racers truly embody the spirit of the Trane brand,” said Scott Martin, vice president of marketing for Ingersoll Rand. “We are proud to have been a part of this amazing race as part of our centennial celebration.”
Beginning in Oceanside, Calif., more than 300 cyclists raced 3,000 miles to the RAAM finish line in Annapolis, Md. Traveling alongside was the Trane Endurance Team made up of two college students who won a national competition to serve as Trane brand ambassadors. Throughout the race, they cheered on racers, delivered Trane gear to spectators and registered fans to win prizes as part of Trane’s “100 Years, 100 Prizes” sweepstakes.
The Trane Endurance Team also awarded four racers and teams with Trane Unstoppable Awards for unbelievable endurance on the race course. Award recipients were:
- Gary Feldstein, who completed RAAM’s Race Across the West (RAW), which runs 860 miles long from Oceanside, Calif. to Durango, Colo., in three days, 19 hours and 27 minutes even after suffering from food poisoning at the start of RAW.
- Maria Parker, the first female, solo finisher. Maria managed to completed RAAM in 11 days, 20 hours and 54 minutes despite witnessing her support crew van being totaled within the 600 miles of the race.
- Team Melanoma Exposed, a four-person team that was quickly reduced to a three-person team after one team member hit a deer on his bike, sustaining severe injuries. The team completed the race in six days, 10 hours and 40 minutes.
- Team Mira RAAM Quebec, an eight-person, amateur team equipped with off-the-shelf bikes and a skeleton support crew, that crossed the finish line in eight days and 14 hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV