HMS, a wholly owned subsidiary of HMS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: HMSY), announced today that the company has been invited to present on June 28 th at the Dutch Healthcare Authority’s seminar on healthcare fraud in Utrecht, Netherlands. Attendees of the conference include healthcare insurers, scientists, and other government anti-fraud officials.
In the morning session, Bill Lucia, CEO of HMS, will discuss the role that data mining plays in the identification and prevention of healthcare fraud in the United States. In the afternoon, HMS, along with a Dutch health insurer, will present case studies focused on the detection and prevention of fraud, waste, and abuse.
The Dutch Healthcare Authority (NZa) is the supervisory body for all the healthcare markets in the Netherlands. The NZa supervises both healthcare providers and insurers. The NZa was established in 2006 and is located in Utrecht.
“Over the past 30 years, HMS has assembled the people, processes, and technologies required to identify improper payments in the U.S. healthcare system,” remarked Lucia. “We are looking forward to sharing the knowledge we’ve amassed over the years to assist the NZa in understanding the best practices we’ve developed in combating fraud, waste and abuse in healthcare.”About HMS HMS is the nation's leader in coordination of benefits and program integrity services for healthcare payers. HMS's clients include health and human services programs in more than 40 states; commercial programs, including commercial plans, employers, and 150 Medicaid managed care plans; the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; and Veterans Administration facilities. As a result of the company's services, HMS clients recovered $3.2 billion in 2012, and saved billions more through the prevention of erroneous payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV