The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT), today reopens the doors to the legendary Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris, following a meticulous two-year restoration. The restoration, which has brought the hotel back to its original Art Deco splendour, is part of a larger strategy to invest more than $200 million in some of Starwood’s most celebrated Luxury Collection hotels throughout Europe: Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville and Hotel Maria Cristina in San Sebastian, which reopened in 2012, and most recently, The Gritti Palace in Venice, which was unveiled in February 2013.
“As Starwood continues to strengthen The Luxury Collection brand portfolio, together with our partners we have made major investments to restore some of our most iconic European hotels together with our owner partners,” commented Michael Wale, President, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East. “The restoration of the art deco Parisian, Prince de Galles hotel, reinforces our commitment to welcoming global explorers to discover or rediscover the City of Light, its hidden treasures and its rich heritage.”
Situated in the city’s most desirable quarter, the Golden Triangle by Champs-Elysées, Prince de Galles has been an iconic jewel on Avenue George V since its opening in 1928. Originally designed by architect André Arfvidson, the extensive two-year restoration project was led by internationally acclaimed French designers, Pierre-Yves Rochon and Bruno Borrione. In collaboration with ERTIM Architectes SA, the designers reimagined the hotel to harken back to the whimsically opulent era of the Parisian Art Deco 1930s.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV