The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) has approved the AirDefense Services Platform by Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) for protecting U.S. Department of Defense wireless networks from attacks, intruders and rogue devices.
Motorola’s AirDefense Services Platform v9.0 (ADSP v9.0) was added by DISA to the Unified Capabilities-Approved Products List (UC-APL), which identifies equipment that is certified to be compliant with the Defense Department’s security and interoperability standards. AirDefense features a wireless intrusion detection solution (WIDS) that identifies and prohibits unauthorized users and devices from connecting to a wireless network, regardless of its manufacturer.
Enterprise products included on the UC-APL are approved for acquisition by Department of Defense agencies, which are required to deploy security systems to safeguard wireless networks at their facilities. AirDefense is the first and currently the only approved product in the WIDS category on the UC-APL.
There is a large installed user base of AirDefense systems protecting wireless networks for the military. With the placement of AirDefense on the UC-APL, Defense Department customers can now secure their networks with the assurance that they comply with DISA requirements.KEY FACTS:
- The AirDefense Services Platform includes advanced and continuous wireless monitoring tools to identify network attacks and vulnerabilities, as well as instantly terminate the connection to any rogue device.
- Using an extensive library with more than 200 security and performance events, AirDefense automatically identifies and reports wireless attacks, unusual traffic patterns or other suspicious activity. Its detection engines are utilized to minimize false alarms.
- In addition to the UC-APL requirements, AirDefense v9.0 meets FIPS 140-2 U.S. government security certification standards and is in progress to become Common Criteria certified.
- AirDefense has been broadly deployed throughout the Department of Defense, including the U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, unified combatant commands, defense agencies and intelligence organizations, and civilian federal government agencies to help protect network data, detect unauthorized devices, mitigate threats, and monitor wireless activity.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts